Potential sureties should call the Pretrial office for application instructions prior to coming to the office; do not contact jail personnel.
In order for the application process to be completed the same day the application is filled out, the surety must be in the Pretrial office between:
8:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.
Monday through Friday
Surety must remain in the Pretrial lobby until application information has been verified or surety will be automatically disqualified.
Cell phones must be turned off while in the Pretrial office. Answering a phone or texting during the application process will automatically disqualify the surety.
Surety approval is not a guarantee that a judge will allow a Pretrial recommended 10% bond. All 10% bonds must be approved by a judge.
The earliest the jail can begin to process an inmate for release on a 10% bond is 6:00 p.m. Keep the cash receipt given to you at the jail; you will need it for your refund.
10% Surety Requirements
Pretrial Court Services must secure information from potential sureties for approval before a 10% bond recommendation can be presented to a judge.
Prior to applying, the potential surety must meet the following criteria:
- Proof of U.S. citizenship/legal residence by providing a birth certificate, passport, naturalized citizen or legal residence documents (Social Security cards are not accepted)
- Resident of Georgia for one year
- Provide a valid Georgia driver’s license or I.D. Card
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Not be the victim or attorney in the pending matter
- Have no felony convictions
- Not on bond, probation, or parole
- Not be a surety on another bond
- Provide full name, address, and phone number for two references who will be contacted to verify surety information
All defendants in custody are reviewed for release eligibility after their First Appearance hearing. Pretrial cannot make release recommendations for defendants not in custody. All recommendations must be approved by a judge.