Harrison Tennis Center
2653 Shallowford Road NE
Marietta, GA 30066
Facility Manager Steve Lottinger
Harrison Tennis Center is Cobb County's largest public facility and one of the busiest tennis centers in the Atlanta area. Harrison has 16 lighted hard courts, six 36' QuickStart mini courts and a pro-shop building. Located in northeast Cobb, Harrison is the home for more ALTA and USTA teams than any facility in Georgia. Harrison hosts numerous tournaments, including national championships and state championships.
Harrison Tennis Center
- Awarded 'Member Organization of the Year' for 2010 by the USTA-Georgia
- Awarded 'QuickStart Facility of the Year' for 2009 by USTA-Southern
- Awarded 'QuickStart Award' for 2008 by USTA-Southern
- Awarded 'Member Organization of the Year' for 2007 by the USTA-Georgia
- Awarded 'Outstanding Tennis Facility for 2004' by the USTA
- Awarded 'USA Tennis Facility of the Year' for the USTA-Southern in 2004
- Awarded 'Member Organization of the Year' for 2003 by the USTA-Georgia
Satellite Tennis Courts:
Sweat Mountain Park (4 courts)
Contact Harrison Tennis Center for information regarding this satellite park location.
Fall Tennis Classes
Registration is currently in progress
Classes begin the weeks of September 10 and October 29
Online registration available for tennis classes.
Classes meet 1 hour per week (1/2 hour for tots classes) for 6 weeks.
Cost: $72 ($108 for non-residents)
Tots Classes: $36 ($54 for non-residents)
Download class schedule here
Looking for a Team?
Players looking to join an ALTA or USTA team can fill out a general information form (link below) to be placed on a contact list. Teams are formed every season.
Looking for a Team Form
Junior USTA League Play for Winter 2019 Season
Tennis Instruction Information
JUNIOR DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMS
Year-round instruction for the developing player.
Level I - Future Stars
- Offered to players who have completed at least (1) 6-week session of Advanced- Beginner classes
- Continued stroke development, emphasizing ball control and consistency; introduction to spin
- Entry into program based on evaluation conducted by HTC staff coaches
Monday 3:30-5:00pm - 7-8 yrs (currently not in session)
Tuesday 5:30-7:00pm - 12+ yrs
Wednesday 5:30-7:00pm - 11-12 yrs
Thursday 4 pm - 5:30pm - 9-10 yrs
Level II - Baseliners
- The next progression offered for HTC's advancing players
- Players exhibit improved ball control, directional control, use of appropriate grips and spin
- Supplemental activities include ALTA, USTA, school teams
- Entry into program based on skill proficiency - evaluation if necessary
Monday 5:00pm - 6:30pm - 13+ yrs
Thursday 5:30-7pm - HS age (currently not in session)
* Please contact the HTC office staff for additional information
Download Baseliner registration form here
Stephen Diaz Junior Tennis Academy - Harrison Tennis Center is the home base for the Stephen Diaz Junior Tennis Academy. Stephen has been one of the top junior development coaches in Atlanta for many years and Harrison is very proud to have him and SDTA on board. SDTA's coaching philosophy is based on putting the athlete first, while putting major emphasis on performance rather than outcome. Coaches focus on helping young players reach their maximum potential as people through a commitment to excellence in tennis. SDTA considers the long-term welfare and happiness of players should be valued more than the results of rewards of the moment. Founded in 1996, SDTA's emphasis on small group programs and personal attention has helped develop some of the best junior players in the region. One of our main goals as SDTA coaches is to personalize the development of players based on their talent and individual needs. We focus on teaching students how to develop an all-round game and help them understand all the different aspects of tennis in order to become a complete player.
At SDTA, training hard and training smart is what they all about. In order to maximize each player's potential, SDTA focuses on the following:
- Fundamentals of technique
- Singles & doubles strategy
- Physical conditioning & mental toughness
- Supervised match play
- Tournament warm-up & coaching
Our low coach-to-student ratio, affordable program, and strong relationships with both students and parents are what make SDTA unique among tennis academies. If you would like to get more information on SDTA contact Stephen Diaz at Harrison Tennis Center (770-591-3151)
Adult Drills - Adult rapid fire drills are offered by USPTR certified pro Pete Snyder. Drills are open to both men and women of all ability levels (levels separated on different courts). The objective is to get the maximum repetitions you can is the 90 minute session via a variety of drills that allow you to work on all facets of your game. To reserve a spot please call Harrison TC at (770) 591-3151 or email Pete directly at email@example.com.
Mondays 9:30 - 11:00am
Mondays 7:30 - 9:00pm
Tuesdays 7:30 - 9:00pm
Wednesdays 9:30 - 11:00am
Wednesdays 7:30 - 9:00pm
Thursdays 6:00 - 7:30pm
Saturdays 9:30 - 11:00am
Cost is $18.00 OR $65.00 prepaid for 4 sessions.
Senior Round Robins
Come join the fastest growing group at Harrison Tennis Center! For seniors fifty and older, this group meets every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 9:00am. The fee is $5.00 and Harrison supplies the balls. No registration is required. Just show up and enjoy the fun!!!
League Forms Available for Download
Court Reservation Form - use this form to request a site as your courts for your league team for the upcoming season.
Rules and Regulations - rules and policies for all teams participating at a Cobb County park tennis facility. All team members are required to be aware and abide by the rules.
Team practice reservation form